Friday, March 26, 2010

Smells Like....

For those of you that have been following from the beginning, you might remember that in my first post, I mentioned that I had taken up running. In reality, we all know that running is a combination of jogging and walking. The great news is that I'm still doing it, and I had the most fantabulous time today!

I've found a great, circular route near my work with almost no cars, and no yappy dogs. I've been running consistently for the past two week (three times a week) for about 30-40 minutes each time. I'm loving it, and today I figured out why:

1) Who needs drugs when you've got endorphins?

2) The air smells like purple!!!


(pictured above: Texas Mountain Laurel)

2 comments:

  1. I LOOVE Mountain Laurel! Another awesome sent to be enjoyed while running in the spring and summer: the smell of meat grilling on an open fire. Mmmm...for this reason I could never be a vegetarian! This is perfect weather for running but as it gets warmer it will get harder and you'll likely feel sluggish. Don't worry...it's just the weather, and if you keep at it you'll be running like the wind when it cools back down again in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kabrean,ooooh, I agree. Stuart gave up meat for lent, and with the weather soooo nice, I miss the smell of grilling. Grilled portabellas, while amazing, are nothing compared to a hamburger!

    ReplyDelete