Wednesday, March 28, 2012

From My Better Half...

I Should Have Been on “Heroes”

So, I was watching Heroes the other day with Haley and she asked me the following question, “Excluding Peter Petrelli, which heroes’ power would you have?”  Little did she know that this is something that I have been pondering for many years.  Let’s look at some of the powers that people have and why I think they may be fun.
  1. Claire Bennett – Healing Power:  This is a pretty cool power.  I would love the ability to get hurt and heal up pretty quickly.  I would also like the potential to become immortal.  As an avid Highlander fan, I really like this option.
  2. Nathan Petrelli – Flying:  Seriously, who wouldn’t want to fly around town and do crazy stuff?  Traffic jam?  Forget it; I fly to work anyway.  Did something get stuck on the roof of the house?  I got it!  Do I want to go to Fredericksburg for a German beer today?  Sure, and I can be there in minutes.  The utility of this power would be outstanding.  I just wonder how this would work with my fear of heights…
  3. Hiro Nakamura – Bend Time and Space:  As a prankster, this would be a great thing to have.  Imagine this…years from now, Corgan and I are playing hide’n’seek and she is about to find me.  I stop time, hide somewhere else, and unfreeze everything.  I will be the undisputed hide’n’seek champion for all time.
  4. Matt Parkman – Mind Reading:  I don’t know if I would like this power.  I don’t really care what people think about me too often, but I don’t think I could hand the kinds of stuff that I feel the random person is thinking at any given time.  I’d probably need a therapist if I had this power.

If I had to choose one of those powers…I think it would be bending time and space.  I could teleport to places, which would be nice because my wife really likes to travel.  I mean, how cool would it be to take a family summer trip to Ancient Rome?  Corgan’s teacher would never believe that summer vacation story.

However, I think I already have a special power.  As my wife can attest, I have the ability to look at a situation and predict (most of the time) exactly what will happen next in the situation/story.  I have not yet learned how to harness this power which can cause conflict in my normal life.  That is the exact reason why my wife will not allow me to speak at all when we are watching TV shows or movies.  Apparently, ruining almost every show that we watch is frowned upon by your better half…

No comments:

Post a Comment