Thursday, March 29, 2012

Unexpected Day Off

Most of you would say, "Woo hoo! An extra day off!" And then you would hear that I'm home with a sick kid.  Then you would say, "So sorry to hear that." Then you would hear that my kid never recognizes that she's sick, so she's a blast to stay home with. Then you would say, "Lucky dog!" 

I got a call from daycare at about 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon saying that she had a fever of 101.7 and that I needed to come get her.  The fun part was that I was literally on the furthest part of my running route from the office, so I booked it back.  Good news? I shaved 2  minutes off of my time.  Bad news? My lungs hurt.

I got home with Corgan and we had a blast.  She didn't eat a ton of dinner, which is usually the case when she's not feeling well, so she and I went up to the loft.  She went nuts!!! She played all over the loft, non-stop, for almost an hour.  She would run to all the doors in the hallway, shut them, say 'uh-oh' really loud, and shriek with giggles when I would bang on the door for her to let me in.  It was flippin' adorable!

The other news...we think she has crystals in her urine, so part of my day today will be going to the doctor.  On Sunday morning, Stuart was on baby duty and noticed the crystals when he changed her first diaper of the day.  The best way to describe them is clear versions of the salt you find on the rim of a margarita. We called our insurance's nurse line, and they told us to call the doctor on Monday, and to watch to see if she was painfully urinating.  We saw nothing, and she didn't produce any more crystals, but we went ahead and called the doctor on Monday.  They gave us the same information.  Keep an eye on her, make sure she isn't in pain, make sure her urine isn't smelling different, etc.  Well, they showed up again last night.  Little, itty, bitty margarita salt in her diaper. Keep in mind she's in cloth diapers, so we've been able to rule out the typical cause, which is leaking gel from the disposable diaper.  We'll hopefully find out today if we're facing a her first UTI. 

Still, even with a pending doctor's visit and a fever, who could be discouraged when you get to spend the day with this!!!

1 comment:

  1. really loved it.....she is trying to make a cake! I hope that her Dr's report comes out good! Keep us posted! Maggie

    ReplyDelete