Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

We celebrated the 4th of July in true Bankey fashion: quietly, at home, with an early bedtime. :)

We had a great time with family during the day, but we don't go all out.  On Tuesday, Corgan dressed in a red, white, and blue outfit that her Nana bought her, and red, ruby slippers that are a hand-me-down from some friends. It was also my first 'emergency tailoring' experience.  I put the outfit on her for the first time and realized that she has about 10 more pounds to grow before she could actually fit in it.  I plopped her in front of Elmo, and took a couple of inches out of the back of the dress.  All before my morning cup of coffee. She, of course, looked adorable, but wouldn't stand still long enough to get a good picture.



What? You want me to hold still?

Mama, can I just eat my breakfast in peace?

Corgan going 'nigh-'nigh under my craft desk.

Giving me her funny 'scowl' face.
Then on the actual 4th of July, we invited my mom over to spend the day.  Stuart and I both had off work, so she came early to baby-watch while we did some yard work and cleaned out the garage. Corgan is finally getting in to Sesame Street (she loves Elmo and Ernie!), and this is also one of my mom's favorite shows.  It was great watching them cuddle together and bond.


Then, after mom put Corgan down for a nap, and I took a much needed shower, mom and I worked on VBS stuff. We're leading one of the stations next week for my church.  It should be interesting.  Once Corgan woke up, her Nana (Stuart's mom) and her Nana's friend came over with a new toy.  See the cute little tea set?  That's the first really girly toy that Corgan has received, and she looooves it!  She can't get enough of the little cupcakes.


We  finished up the day by grilling some brats and enjoying some borracho beans.  Yummy goodness all around, but we all ate way to much.  Happy 4th everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment