Monday, July 30, 2012

Trip to Houston: Ikea or Bust!

Okay, last one about Houston, I promise.  On our way out of the city, we stopped by Ikea.  I had never been there, and some friends of our absolutely love the place. We had to go.  Can I say weird?  You walk through this huge maze of furniture and rooms and you don't see a single employee.  As someone who worked retail management, that is just bizarre!  Granted, you don't really need help at Ikea, but it's still weird.

While we were there I planned 'Number 2's' nursery (and no, we're not pregnant).  We've known since we had Corgan that the second nursery would be a monkey theme, because that's what Stuart really wanted for the first one, but I vetoed it.  I found the perfect brown/grey crib:


And then this dresser for the room. It's the same style as the crib, but we would get blue for the boy or keep the grey/brown for the girl:


And Dada would need a comfy chair to nap in:


The room would be painted white on bottom and a pale yellow on top, then our good friend offered to paint us a mural in the nursery. I'm thinking a big tree above the crib with a monkey hanging off of it.  So cute!

We also found the desks that we are to get for the downstairs office:


I found the unit I'm going to put under our TV in the living room once we hang the TV:


Stuart found out that it was Haley, in Ikea, with the candlestick:


And, Stuart finally found his feet!


No comments:

Post a Comment