Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's All About the Poo

I have a love/hate relationship with cloth diapers. I love that we don't have to run to the store and buy new diapers all the time. I love how cute Corgan looks running around the house in them. I love how little we throw away, now that we don't have to throw away 6-8 diapers a day.  I HATE the poo.  Now, instead of happily wrapping the poo in a nice cocoon of disposable diaper, we have to physically deal with each and every fecal addition to the world.

If our child had normal poos, this wouldn't be so bad.  However, it's rather hit-and-miss with Little One's bowel movements.  Solid poo? What's that? I don't ever get to see that.  Brown poo? What's that? I would welcome that. Poo without chunks and bits of digested food? What's that? You get the point... (And yes, we've cleared this all with the pediatrician, and some kids don't get 'normal' looking poos until 3 or 4 years old.)

This post wouldn't be complete without poo pictures!

As you know, we use cloth diapers because Corgan gets crazy-bad diaper rash, and there is almost always a flare up when she has a wonky poo.  Friday she had a weird green/curdled looking poo that pasted all up her backside, so... she got diaper rash all up her backside. Wee fun.

Aside from the diaper rash, the great thing is that I get to clean each diaper that gets the red, green, orange, or yellow mutli-consistancy poos! (Yes, Stuart does his fair share. The man is a saint!) Today I had the joy of cleaning 8 different poo diapers that were so bad I actually did the initial cleaning in the toilet bowl downstairs. I couldn't stomach the idea of putting the poo in the washing machine. Then I put them in the washing machine with HOT water and bleach, then again with organic soap for baby clothes to get out the bleach.  This was just the inserts.  Next I cleaned the exteriors in a separate load. What a fun and eventful Friday night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment