Monday, April 2, 2012

Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease

Poor baby child was sick again last week.  This time with a virus.  I told you on Thursday that I had the joy of an unexpected day off with baby girl.  I used the opportunity to take her to the pediatrician because of the urine crystals that she'd had twice, and came home with a totally unexpected diagnosis!

Chillin' at the pediatricians.
The doctor wasn't concerned about the crystals (because she is lacking all other signs of problems), and was more concerned with her other symptoms.  By the time I had gotten Corgan in to the appointment, she had started to develop some small spots on her legs, almost like ant bites, wasn't eating well, had the fever, and was sleeping a ton.  Lo and behold...we have hand, foot, and mouth disease! Leave it to my child to get the randomness.  First her diaper allergy, now this:

Coxsackie Virus
 Who names these things!  The good news is that Corgan is in good spirits, the bad news is that she's contagious and could get a really bad rash that will last a week.  I hope her symptoms stay mild like they are now.  The only good part (other than getting to spend some more time with the little one) is that I get to tell people that my daughter has an illness that makes them think she's a cow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment