Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Love Affair With...

COFFEE!!!

I am obsessed with coffee, so I was rightly irritated when my coffee maker went kaputt! Kind of.  Since we live in Texas, the water is incredibly hard. Every appliance we have that uses water has to be constantly cleaned from all the hard water deposits, including our coffee maker.  If we don't run straight vinegar through it on a regular basis, then it gets crazy-slow and uber-concentrated. 

I went shopping on Monday and was surprised that Stuart added a new item to the grocery list: coffee maker.  Yippee!  I went perusing the shelves of the nearest HEB Plus and found our old standby: Mr. Coffee, 12 cup, white.  It runs just under $20 and will last a little over a year, and makes the best coffee I can find.  I used to run a coffee shop, so I'm pretty adept at tasting coffee.  (My favorite days at Seattle's Best were when I trained new employees on the espresso machine.  I got to taste a million espressos!)  Well, next to my standard coffee maker, I saw a jewel. For $10 more I could get the exact same machine, but this one had a clock and a programmable delay!!!  Imagine my shock and awe! I grabbed it up and booked it home!  Here's some more exclamation points!!!!

The next morning, for the first time since I used my Senseo as my alarm clock in college, I had the gorgeous black gold, bean juice, brew, drip, morning mud, liquid lightning, warmer upper, coffee ready and waiting for me when I got up:
I LOVE COFFEE!!!

1 comment: