Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Arena Football Game

One of the great things about working where I do is that we have some fabulous parents who love to show the teachers and staff how much we're appreciated.  One of our families donated a TON of free tickets to a San Antonio Talons arena football game to the school, and they were first-come, first-serve.  Luckily there were plenty to go around. I picked up a whole row so that Stuart could invite some people from work, and I knew we'd be meeting up with my co-workers.

It was really weird walking to our seat, though.  The last time we'd been to the Alamodome, it was for a Texas Tech football game, and now we were looking at at 50 yard field, with over half of the arena hidden with black drapes.  It was so tiny.  The cool thing was that literally every seat was a good one.

 We went with Stuart's brother and his girlfriend, so of course I had to get a picture.

This meant Philip had to take a picture of us.  I was ready! Stuart however still hasn't learned how to smile.  We're working on it, but it's taking some time.

It started getting closer to game time, and we were starting to get worried that no one would show up.  This video was taken about 20 minutes before kick-off, and the stadium was nearly empty. Happily, the rest of the seats quickly filled minutes before the the game started.  I forgot that other people don't honestly believe that if you're not 15 minutes early, then you're late.

I already mentioned the beer back on Monday, but here we go again: $1 Modelo draft. Nice.  Teeny, tiny cups, but quite refreshing.  It went well with the stadium popcorn, which is also a must-do when going to any sporting event.

Here is my husband and my priest/boss with the San Antonio Talons' event announcer.  They wanted to make all those people out there who couldn't make the game jealous that they missed it.  I wouldn't be too jealous as the only way they got this picture was to play air guitar for the jumbotron.  Not a win, guys. Not a win.

Overall, it was a fun night.  I don't know if watching the game, watching the people, or watching my priest/boss's family watch a mouse was more fun, but a good time was had by all.  So thankful that I work where I do with the people I get to work with. (Awkward sentence, I know. Work with me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment