Friday, May 11, 2012

Foodie Friday: Pork Chops with Snap Pea Saute

This recipe proves that make-ahead meals are the way to go in my household!  I had a fresh, home cooked meal ready in under 10 minutes on a weeknight! This recipe comes straight from Rachel Ray (don't judge me mom), and it was pretty tasty.  I think I would use a different marinade on the veggies in the future, but the pork was scrumptious. I prepped the pork and veggies (along with the rest of the week's meals) on the previous Saturday during my daughter's nap, and it was ready and waiting for me when I got home last Wednesday night. All I had to do was put my Little One in the highchair to eat her dinner, then pull these two bags out of the fridge and get them on the stove.  10 minutes to table! Love it!

Out of the fridge..

...and into the frying pan.

I added the garlic bread last minute while waiting for Stuart.

All gone!
Pork Chops with Sugar Snap Saute
(Copied from Everyday with Rachel Ray)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp honey
4 bone-in pork chops
1 tbsp butter
1 red bell pepper
1/4 lb sugar snap peas
salt and pepper

Mix the vinegar, oregano, olive oil, and honey. Put the pork chops in a ziploc bag along with this marinade  until you're ready to cook it.  Mine marinaded for two days and was perfect, but the recipe said it would be good to go in as little as 20 minutes. Chop the bell pepper into strips and add to a separate bag with the snap peas.  Add some olive oil, salt, and pepper.  I think we also threw in some Mexican oregano (not in the original recipe), and it turned out okay. I would probably use a spice mix like Cavender's or Adobo next time.

When I was ready to cook it, I heated up a grill pan for the pork and a regular pan for the veggies.  Because all the ingredients were already coated in olive oil, I just threw them straight into the pan.  Stir the veggies every now and then, and flip the pork when the grill marks show up.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment