Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

I had a FABULOUS weekend!  My 2nd Mother's Day and they only get better.  (There was only one semi-big hiccup, which I will detail later.)  It started when I got home from work on Friday.  I worked late, so Stuart picked up Corgan from daycare, fed her, made my gift with her, and got her ready for bed. I came home to a peacefully quiet house, and a treat.  Stuart wouldn't give me my gift from him and Corgan until Sunday, but I got the gift from daycare:


I admit, it brought tears to my eyes.  My little munchkin, smilin' away! What a great way to start the weekend.  On Saturday, we relaxed around the house for a while before we had a special dinner at O'Brien's.  We met up with my Mom and my grandparents for a four-generation Mother's Day meal.  If you haven't gone to this restaurant, you must! It's hidden off of highway 46 between Old Blanco Rd. and Boerne.  The food is wonderful! I also got to enjoy my next present: Stuart finally caved and we now have a front-facing car seat for Corgan!!!!

Chillin' and ready to go!!!
The best treat of the evening, though, was the time spent with family.  I grew up overseas, a loooooong way away from any family except my immediate family. I can't help but be in awe of watching Corgan fall completely in love with her Grandmother and Gigi (her great-grandmother).  I wouldn't change my up-bringing in any way, shape, or form, but I'm so thankful that Corgan gets to grow up with such amazing and strong women in her life.


That 'semi-big hiccup' came when we got home, Darwin was yipping pretty bad, so we made plans for Stuart to take him to the vet the next morning.  This meant he had to miss church on Mother's Day, but that's what you do for your kids, right? You do what you have to do.  He's having a 'minor' flare up of his disk disorder, so two weeks in isolation and pain meds. Poor Little Man.



While Stuart was at the vet, I got to enjoy Mother's Day service at my wonderful church/job.  I love my job more than any I've ever had, and I love that I work with a Rector that will let me pick the video we show on Mother's Day during worship. I can't upload the video here, but visit Shiftworship.com and search for Jedi. It's worth it :)

After service, I went home and spent the rest of the day with Corgan, Stuart, and Stuart's family.  Stuart also finally gave me the gift he made with Corgan.  He made a paver for my garden that has her footprint in it, along with her name and date. Well played, Mr. Bankey, well played. The paver is at the bottom of the picture.


Lastly, we introduced Corgan to the smell of childhood: Mr. Bubbles!!! All-in-all, I would say it was a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment