Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bankey/Piedfort/Lux Birthday Bash!

Last weekend we celebrated our annual Bankey/Piedfort/Lux Birthday Bash.  My dad's birthday is on June 22, and mine is on June 26.  For as long as I can remember, my family has always had a big dinner celebration for the both of us to celebrate.  (I got the princess parties to myself later on :) ).  In college, I started dating my future husband and found out that his birthday is on June 22 as well.  Icing on the cake? The man who introduced the two of us (a.k.a. Stuart's best friend) was also born on June 22! Did you follow all of that?  My dad, my husband, and our best friend are all born on the 22nd, and I'm born on the 26th.  Therefore, we have all celebrated together with a big family cook out each June.  I even tried to get pregnant with Corgan at a time when she would be born in June, but she had other ideas :)


Corgan helped me set up for the party by assembling the Ladderball game.  She is quite the genius child.  The connectors gave her a little trouble, but the piping system went together like a breeze! We didn't end up playing the game, but it was fun spending time with her.


The Grandmas (and Gigi) spent most of their time loving on the Little One.  She's been slightly under the weather, and she tends to get shy around big groups, so she did a lot of quiet sitting.



My child will never want for attention.  Yes, this is my dad, mom, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and family friend all staring at my child. Keep in mind, Corgan was still in the 'sitting there' phase of the day, so it was riveting.



 We busted into the cake, and Corgan perked up a little after that.  What won't wake you up like a sugar rush mixed with Tylenol :)


Corgan's Uncle Dude (my brother), got a small celebration as well.  My parents just got back from a trip to Yosemite, and they couldn't pass up the 'Endangered Feces' shirt that pictures different types of scat.

All in all, we had a great time.  We all ate waaaaaay too much, and we laughed a lot as well.  Poor Philip even crashed out on the loft with one of Corgan's fluffy monkey pillows.  I have officially thrown a party where someone passes out! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment