Monday, June 18, 2012

In Memory

Friday was a sad day for our household, and for many of our friends.  One of Stuart's good friends, who he has worked with for the past few years at Rackspace, lost his 2 year old daughter. It was completely unexpected.



I am writing this with tears streaming down my face as I watch Corgan play on the loft.  The gift she is in my life in immeasurable, and I can't imagine what it would be like to lose her. I am not one to ask for prayers, but when I do, I ask them from the bottom of my heart.  Please pray for Violet's family; pray for healing; pray for remembrance; pray for understanding.  We can never know why things like this happen, but we can be comforted in the arms of our loved ones and in the arms of God. 

I also ask that if you are able, please give some money to the family: click here.  Friends and family are helping to cover the cost of the funeral and medical expenses in order to ease a small part of the pain.  I know you may not know Violet's family, but think of your own children.  My heart tears open each time I imagine them saying goodbye to their tiny little girl.  Thank you for your prayers. I'm off to go hug my own child, and I suggest you go hug yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment