Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Trip to the Library

Last week Corgan and I took a trip to the library for the first time together.  As you might've guessed, I have a love of books, and Corgan is gaining the same love.  I had this amazing image of her being in awe of the amount of book surrounding her.  I imagined her squealing her as she ran to the bookshelves.  I hoped to see a giant pile of book that she kept fervently flipping through.  What did I get? A lackluster game of musical chairs. 

It was great to spend time with Little One, and it will definitely be repeated many times in her life, but it was not at all what I expected.


We had just entered the children's area when she looked up at me this awesome look. "Mama? What am I supposed to do?"


She found a few books and started reading, but didn't spend more than two seconds on each book.

 

Then she found the kid-sized rocking chair.  She enjoyed that for a little bit.


Then she realized there were two kid-sized tables with a bunch of kid-sized chairs.  Enter the game of musical chairs. Over and over and over again.


I was able to get this fun picture.  I find it so cute to see her on tip toes picking out a book.  Love this kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment