Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Day at the Pool

Wow.  My 'Blog Interactive' idea totally backfired! I got one comment, and it said 'write everything.' I guess I have to burst through my writer's block/un-inspiration on my own :(  It's all good.  I'm feeling slightly eloquent today (not!).  I figure that I'll just go down my brainstorm list from my blog on Monday and see how far I get.  Today? A day at the pool...

One of the reasons we bought our house was because it is two blocks from our community pool.  We live on a quiet cul-de-sac, but we're sooo close to all the action. The other day we got all ready, covered Baby Girl in sun screen, and headed over to the pool.  We hadn't been since last summer, so we really didn't know how Corgan was going to react.


She was a little tentative at first (thanks for the swim suit Nana), but eventually we dragged her in.  She loooooves the bath, so we figured she would love the pool, but I don't think she enjoyed the water too much.


The little bit that she was in the water she was giggling and smiling.





But she really wanted to be out on deck wandering around.  This of course made me way more nervous that it should, but I know my kid. She is a dare devil and gets hurt all the time. Her favorite activity at the pool was trying to climb up and down the uber-slippery stairs to the bathroom. Not a whole bunch of fun for the parents, but she enjoyed it.


It didn't take too long before she was ready to go home (after stopping for a 'nack of graham crackers).  We had her in swim diapers, so it was really weird to see her in a normal diaper. I'm so used to seeing the cloth diapers that it was an odd relief.



All in all it was a fun afternoon.  It will be a definite repeat the next time Stuart and I can make it down together.  With his final semester of grad school in full swing it might be awhile.  Maybe the Grandmas can help out........

No comments:

Post a Comment