Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What's In a Name?

Before we were even pregnant, I told Stuart that I already knew what I would name our son.  I've known for a long time what it would be, and there was no way that I would be swayed.  To that end, we agreed that Stuart would be able to name any daughter we had.  It took us years of conversation and debate to come up with the perfect name.  We both wanted a name the meant something to one of us.  My boy's name means a lot to me and reminds me of who I am, and we wanted the same for our girl's name.

Well, Stuart is a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and we wanted to pay homage to that important part of his life.  He is obsessed with martial arts films, and his favorite movies are anything starring Bruce Lee.  Also, his favorite music is from the 80s and 90s, and specifically, he loooooves the Smashing Pumpkins.  Billy Corgan is his idol, and he knows every Pumpkins song by heart. We had a name.

Corgan Lee

 +
 =

4 comments:

  1. I must admit I was shocked initially. I was lobbying for Elizabeth Rose. But now she is 100% Corgan! No other name would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mom (Pam), you know we are not traditional enough for an Elizabeth Rose! I can't imagine calling her anything but Corgan. Glad you're on board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sam: We're going with Orion Mark for any boy that comes our way in the future.

    ReplyDelete